What Is Wardrobe Boutique?
The Wardrobe Boutique, also called 1822 Boutique, is an upscale resale store that sells new and gently used women's clothing. They work closely with area philanthropy-The Career Wardrobe, and all proceeds from the Boutique go towards helping women in transition find employment as well as outfitting them with free professional clothing. Fun fact, I volunteered with the Career Wardrobe back in college by sorting out some of the donations!
Since opening in 2009, they've come across many unique donations! From Old Navy to Prada, the Boutique carries all kinds of brands! But some of their more interesting pieces have included a Christian Dior plaid coat, Dolce and Gabbana heels, and Louboutins! You can be sure that I'll be checking in often as good items go fast!
How Can You Help?
There are so many ways to support The Wardrobe Boutique!
- Philly area ladies, you have to check out the boutique! They have a great selection of clothing for all sizes and price points-and you're supporting a great cause at the same time.
- Cleaning out your closets? The Wardrobe accepts unused or gently used clothing! They even have a high end designer consignment program in which there is a 50/50 split!
- Volunteer opportunities are available for groups and individuals!
- Some items may be listed on the website.
- Out of towners, you can help too. Danielle Boyce, a Chloe + Isabel merchandiser who I've worked with (see here and here) donates all of her proceeds to charity! And one of those charities is the Career Wardrobe. Make sure you shop with her and select the Career Wardrobe at checkout.
What's Up Next?
Follow along as I head back to the Wardrobe Boutique and feature some of the great clothes in store now and highlight some of the employees there! And don't worry, there will be many more pictures the next time we chat about The Wardrobe Boutique!
Have a great weekend!