Lilly Pulitzer Dress Marlowe Dress in Swept By The Tides | Charlotte Russe Fur Vest | ZooShoo Booties | Kohls Fleece Lined Tights
If you follow my blog, you know I'm a huge fan of dresses and wear them all year. Of course I have a few favorites that I can't bear to put away during the fall and winter. I'm all for finding ways to extend the use of my dresses so I can wear them all year. I've done a lot of experimenting (and researching on Pinterest) and here are my favorite ways to style dresses for cool weather.
5 Tips to Style Summer Pieces for Fall
- Add a Vest! It's one of the easiest ways to style for fall and they are actually quite warm! While I've only styled furry and quilted vests, I can't wait to add more to my collection. Some of my current favs include:
- Bring on the Booties! I'm partial to OTK boots with tunics and dresses, but this season I've really gotten into booties thanks to ZooShoo! Some trends I'm really loving right now include velvet, jewel tones, and leopard print!
- Oversized Sweaters are lifesavers. Not only are they super cute, throw them over maxis to give your dress a different look by turning it into a skirt. Check out this recent post for inspiration!
- Speaking of sweaters, I'm loving Dusters. They really transform an outfit! And yes, they can even work for us petite ladies - just make sure the hem hits at the right length (mid-thigh or calf!) I'm also loving long vests.
- Layer, Layer, Layer! I'm loving a Thin Turtleneck under shift dresses. This is my next styling experiment so stay tuned!
Shop The Look